IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT – EVENT CANCELLATION 2020
The Penistone Agricultural Society team has been constantly reviewing the updated regulations as Lockdown has been slowly lifted across the country. We had thought that whilst our traditional show couldn’t go ahead, we could at least have put on a small family, ticketed only event for the local community. Something which has been done in recent weeks within the new guidelines across other areas of the country by other societies.
It is, however, with real regret that the decision has been made that we cannot go ahead in any format this year. No events are to be allowed in the area for the foreseeable future. Let’s hope that 2021 is a much more favourable year and that things move towards something nearer to normal.
We will be in contact with our traders who had booked with us for this year and who were still hoping that an event of some kind could still take place. We would also like to thank our many visitors who have also been asking if our show is going ahead.
Nicholas Hoyland, Penistone Show Manager
Tim and Wendy Booth
Royd Moor Hall Farmhouse
Royd Moor Road
GUIDANCE FOR CRAFT TRADERS
1) The Craft Marquee provides a showcase for original craft work of a decorative or practical nature. Traders selling commercially-made or manufactured work produced by others for resale are advised to apply for a Trade Stand.
2) Stallholders will be provided with a 3m x 2m pitch, a trestle table and two chairs at a cost of £60.00. An electric supply is available if required for £21.00 (please note that traders will need to supply their own extension cable – approx. 10-15 metres long). Additional tables can be hired for £7.00 each.
3) Traders will be provided with one car parking place on the showground adjacent to the Craft Marquee and two admission passes. Additional vehicles must be parked in the Trade Stand car park away from the showground. Extra admission tickets can be purchased at discounted advance prices.
4) All traders are required to have valid public liability insurance.
5) No food or drink may be sold in the Craft Marquee and no hospitality may be provided.
6) Stallholders are required to be in place no later than 0800 hrs on Show Day.
7) No vehicle movements are allowed on or off the showground between 0830hrs and 1700hrs on Show Day.
8) The sub-letting of space is not permitted.
9) Traders will be allowed into the Craft Marquee from Friday, 13th September. Twenty four hour security will be in place on the showground.
10) All stallholders must abide by the rules and regulations of Penistone Show Society and comply with Stewards’ directions at all times.