The Craft Marquee provides a showcase for the work of artisans selling decorative or practical objects made by hand. It offers an exhibition space in which mostly local craftspeople can display their own original creative work.
The Marquee provides the most varied and interesting display of original craft ware to be found anywhere in South Yorkshire, and all within the glorious setting of Penistone Show and its beautiful upland scenery. You can expect to find a wide array of unique and unusual arts and crafts products from intricate pieces of jewellery to robust hand thrown pots, striking photographs of the local area, enchanting illustrations and engravings, stone carvings, fossil lamps and automatons made from driftwood.
There will be so much to discover and all of it made with love and passion. The Craft Marquee is THE place to go to find that special item never seen on the high street or in branded stores. If you’re looking for that special gift, something out-of-the-ordinary for the home or even for early Christmas presents then the Craft Marquee is certainly worth a visit. Or if you just want to admire exquisite objects made with flare and care, and to talk to their makers about their skills and craft, then pop in just to feast your eyes on the beautiful displays.
Tim and Wendy Booth
Royd Moor Hall Farmhouse
Royd Moor Road
Please observe the GUIDANCE listed below.
GUIDANCE FOR CRAFT TRADERS
1) The Craft Marquee provides a showcase for original craft work of a decorative or practical nature. Traders selling commercially-made or manufactured work produced by others for resale are advised to apply for a Trade Stand.
2) Stallholders will be provided with a 3m x 2m pitch, a trestle table and two chairs at a cost of £75.00. Additional tables can be hired for £12.00 each.
3) Traders will be provided with one car parking place on the showground adjacent to the Craft Marquee and two admission passes. Additional vehicles must be parked in the Trade Stand car park away from the showground. Extra admission tickets can be purchased at discounted advance prices.
4) All traders are required to have valid public liability insurance.
5) No food or drink may be sold in the Craft Marquee and no hospitality may be provided.
6) Stallholders are required to be in place no later than 0800 hrs on Show Day.
7) No vehicle movements are allowed on or off the showground between 0830hrs and 1700hrs on Show Day.
8) The sub-letting of space is not permitted.
9) Traders will be allowed into the Craft Marquee from Friday, 9th September. Twenty four hour security will be in place on the showground.
10) All stallholders must abide by the rules and regulations of Penistone Show Society and comply with Stewards’ directions at all times.